Purposes of TCU Data Warehouse
- To eliminate manually intensive data gathering, cleaning, and reporting processes.
- To build the foundation for a fully integrated reporting platform.
- To provide relevant, accurate and timely information to University community.
Lessons Learned from Other Institutions
- According to Educause Core Data Service in FY 2012/2013 approximately 80% of US institutions had some type of BI reporting system, and 71% of US institutions had some type of data warehouse systems*.
- The BI reporting and data warehouse market space is relatively diverse. Only 52% of the market is using the top-five BI reporting vendors, and only 50% of the market is using the top-five data warehouse vendors*.
BI Reporting System Market Share*
Data Warehouse System Market Share*
Examples of most successful University Data Warehouses and BI solutions:
* “BI reporting, Data Warehouse Systems, and Beyond” by Leah Lang, Judith A. Pirani (http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/bi-reporting-data-warehouse-systems-and-beyond)