Wireless Network Guide for Employees
Please note that access to each of our wireless networks is restricted based on the device and status as a TCU employee or student.
- eduroam (for personal devices and guests)
- Available for TCU current employees to connect their personal devices to the TCU network. This network is limited and does not have access to secure services like shares and/or network printing. Find out how to connect at http://it.tcu.edu/eduroam.
- Designed to allow guest users with a business purpose to access the network. All current TCU employees can create 3 day guest accounts by logging into myTCU (maximum of 7 in one week). You can reach out to your AGOT delegate to create large numbers of accounts if needed. See the knowledge base for information on how to connect.
- TCU Faculty Staff (our secure network for TCU-owned computers)
- This network is available only to TCU owned devices that are listed in our inventory system.
- This is our secured network and will grant you access to your TCU shares and network printers. See the knowledge base for information on how to connect.
Wireless Network for Students
- eduroam is the wireless network available to TCU students.
- StuWireless is accessible across campus in all buildings and many outside campus areas.
- This network is restricted to WPA2-Enterprise devices (i.e. iOS, Android, Mac and Windows equipment)
- Find out how to connect at http://it.tcu.edu/eduroam.
- Please note that printers can not be setup to the Student Wireless network.
- TCU Registered is designed to allow your non-WPA2 Enterprise devices to connect to the wireless network. These are items like the Amazon Echo, Apple HomePod, Google Home, and a series of other tools.
- Find out how to connect at https://it.tcu.edu/tcu-registered/.
- Please note that printers can not be setup to the wireless network.
Wired Network Guide for Employees
Remember that access to each of our wired networks is restricted based on the device that you are using and whether or not you are a TCU employee. Keep in mind that a wired network jack will be set to one of the following subnets.
- Wired Guest Ports
- Designed to allow guest users with a business purpose to access the network. Each device will need to be registered in our system and approved by our security administrator. You will not have access to secured TCU resources on this network.
- Wired Faculty/Staff Ports
- This network is available only to TCU owned devices that are listed in our inventory system for Faculty/Staff to use. This is our secured network and will grant you access to your TCU shares and network printers.
- Wired Appliance Ports
- Designed to grant access to appliance type machines utilizing our wired network. Each device will need to be registered in our system and approved by our security administrator if they are not TCU owned.
- Wired Lab Ports
- Designed to grant TCU owned lab computers access to the network. These devices are all listed in our inventory system and are managed by our labs group.
Wired Network for Students
- Wired Student Ports (in residence halls only)
- This network is available only to TCU students. Students are encouraged to register devices on both wireless and wired networks.
- See the Student Computing web page for connection instructions or visit the IT Support HelpDesk for assistance.
Warning: Maintenance Window
Our network maintenance window is on Sunday morning from Midnight until Noon. The system may be down during this time with little or no warning to the TCU community. Please, hold off on reporting major outages to the campus network if it occurs during the maintenance window.