What type of standard software support is provided? – TCU Owned Computers
Our consultants have experience with all of the application software that comes on the standard campus image. Furthermore, assistance is provided for any campus licensed software, such as Adobe CC and SPSS. Keep in mind that we do not have experience with every third party application that you can download to your machine and we may refer you to the manufacturer for assistance. Following is a list of the base items installed on our image.
- Windows 8 Image
– Adobe Reader – Altris (System Management Tool) – Office 2013 – iTunes/Quicktime – Internet Explorer – Sophos (Virus Protection) – 7-Zip – Identity Finder (SPI Scanner) – Secunia (3rd Party Management Tool.
- Mac 10.11 (El Capitan) Image
-Adobe Reader – Office 2016 – iTunes/Quicktime – Safari – Sophos (Virus Protection) – Identity Finder (SPI Scanner) – Casper (System Management Tool)
Note: We do have campus licenses for Adobe Creative Cloud, SPSS and a series of other applications. See the Software Application service page for more information. These are limited to TCU-owned computers only.
Campus Site-Licensed Software – TCU Owned Computers
TCU also has a series of site licenses that cover both the entire campus and specific departments based on how the initial purchase of the product was done. If you have questions about installing or using this software, please make a request using the options in the right hand menu bar. In most cases you can install these applications on your own using the TCU_Common drive or the Casper self-service tool.
Here is a quick list of some of the applications that fall under this description:
- Web based Systems – Box.com and Qualtrics
- Site License Software – Adobe CC – ChemDraw – ExpressionWeb – Gaussian – ImageNow – Four Winds – Portfolio – WinSCP/Fetch – Microsoft Office – GIS/ESRI – Stata MP2 – Tableau
- Note: Keep in mind that this software can only be installed on TCU Owned computers.
- IT Funded Software – SPSS – SAS – Coventor – Exelis – Gap Technologies – DSpace – Mathworks – Minitab – Eviews – Systat – WebCAPE – Wolfram Mathmatica
- Note: IT Funded means that any new license requests for this software need to start with IT Purchasing. IT will cover the cost of the initial purchase and the maintenance on these software applications for you. Keep in mind that this software can only be installed on TCU Owned computers.
- Customer Funded – IT Maintained Software – MatLab – Muthen Mplus – Stata MP4, MP8 and MP16
- Note: Customer Funded – IT Maintained means that any new license requests for this software must start with IT Purchasing and the initial license cost is covered by the Department. IT will cover the cost of the maintenance on these software licenses into the future. Keep in mind that this software can only be installed on TCU Owned computers.
Buying Software for my TCU Owned Computer
All technology related purchases for TCU must go through the IT Purchasing department. Please, review the IT Purchasing page to get more information about how to work with them to purchase equipment or software.
Personal Purchases – TCU Employees (Work-at-home)
Current TCU employees have access to two work-at-home licenses that give them the ability to install software on their machines. Students also have access to discount purchases of software. Downloading and accessing these software packages takes place through the VarsityBuys website and they charge a small fee to facilitate the transaction. Please, click on the links below to go directly to the Varsitybuys purchasing pages.
Warning: You must verify your identity with VarsityBuys before you are allowed to access the system. Make sure to use your TCU email when creating your account. Do not forget that support from TCU for personal devices is limited since we do not own or manage your device.
Note: This is NOT intended for use on TCU owned equipment. Please, reach out to the IT Purchasing group for more information about technology purchases with TCU funds.
Personal Purchases – TCU Employees (FREE)
We have several applications that are free for installation on personally-owned computers and devices. Do not install this software on TCU-owned computers since it could interfere with the license on your machine. You can install the apps for the mobile device on a TCU tablet or phone.
- Office 2016 (Mac and Windows) – FREE – Click her to learn more
- Office for Mobile Devices (iOS and Android) – FREE – Click her to learn more
Note: This is NOT intended for use on TCU owned computers. Please, reach out to the IT Purchasing group for more information about technology purchases with TCU funds.
Personal Software Purchases for TCU Students
TCU provides O365 to its students at not cost. This includes software like Office, Outlook and OneNote. All you have to do is visit http://stumail.tcu.edu to login to the system and download the software (you must be a current student). We also provide discounts on other equipment and software. Visit our student purchasing page to see what we have to offer.