TCU resources can be used to create and host personal web sites for employees and students, as well as departmental web sites. SharePoint sites can also be created upon request. MyTCU is a personalized portal service for the TCU community that allows access to TCU information and web-based applications. The portal includes access to Employee Self-Service, Student Center, Faculty Center, Budget Manager and Quick Links for Faculty/Staff and Students. This service also includes other specialized departmental web based software.
The Office of Website and Social Media Management functions as the university’s in-house consultant for Website Development and other New Media projects. In addition to consulting with departments on the design and management of their websites this office is also responsible for managing the university’s social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as YouTube and iTunesU. The IT Support HelpDesk can assist with connecting to your departmental website. Please contact Marketing to get a new site created or a new design put in place at http://www.marketingandcommunication.tcu.edu/web-management.asp.
Faculty, Staff and Student websites at TCU
Faculty, staff and students can choose to create a personal site located on a variety of servers:
- Faculty.tcu.edu and Staff.tcu.edu Sites – For a faculty.tcu.edu or staff.tcu.edu, please contact the TCU IT Support HelpDesk to create a site. After your space has been created, use a web application or FTP program to move the files to the server. The address/URL for these sites: http://faculty.tcu.edu/username or http://staff.tcu.edu/username.
- Faculty and Staff Web Sites on Personal.tcu.edu – The files for your web page must be created and stored on the HomeFile personal network share in the WWWPUB folder. After web pages are created, move them to your WWWPUB folder or use a web application (e.g. Dreamweaver or Microsoft Expression Web) or use an FTP program to move the files to the server. The address/URL for the web site: http://personal.tcu.edu/username
- More detailed information about personal web site for faculty and staff can be found in the Knowledge Base Article 10906.
- Student Web Sites – Students can request space for a site by contacting the IT Support HelpDesk. The files for student web pages must be created and stored on the student’s personal network share in the WWWPUB folder. After web pages are created, move them to your WWWPUB folder or use a web application (e.g. Dreamweaver or Microsoft Expression Web) or use an FTP program to move the files to the server. The address/URL for student sites: http://student.tcu.edu/username. More detailed information about student web sites can be found in the Knowledge Base Article 10976.
SharePoint provides a powerful set of tools for information sharing and document collaboration. Typical SharePoint sites include the following components: document libraries, picture libraries, lists, calendars, tasks, discussion boards, wikis, blogs, and surveys. SharePoint accounts for guests of TCU can be created.
- Training – https://it.tcu.edu/training-center/sharepoint-training/
- Create a New Site – https://SharePointRequest.tcu.edu/
myTCU and the PeopleSoft Portal
- Employee Center gives all employees of TCU access to personal information, benefits, payroll and training.
- Student Center gives students access to personal and class information.
- Faculty Center allows access to view class rosters, enter grades, advise students and manage other features pertaining to classes taught and students that are advised.
- Budget Manager allows access to financial reporting and budget prep worksheets. Other links provide access to leave reporting, directory and calendar and access to create an IT HelpDesk ticket.
How do I get additional PeopleSoft access?
Have your supervisor send an email to email@example.com with a description of what access is needed.
TCU Online (Brightspace by D2L)
TCU Online (Brightspace by D2L) is not managed or maintained by Information Technology. If you have questions about using this tool, please see the support information below.
Support Site: https://tcuonline.tcu.edu/home/support