What is Zoom?
Zoom is an online video conferencing and instant messaging platform available to all TCU students, faculty, and staff simply by installing the client at tcu.zoom.us/download and logging in with their TCU username and password.
- Up to 300 participants
- Join online or by telephone
- Access from anywhere: Mac, PC, Chromebooks, iOS, Android, and Linux
- Outlook plugin: Schedule Zoom meetings directly from Outlook
- Screen sharing: One-click HD screen sharing including video or audio clips
- Private and group chat: Chat during meetings to all or one-on-one
- Video breakout rooms: Create smaller teams within one meeting session
- Co-annotation: Draw directly on shared screen so that notations are viewable by everyone.
- Simultaneous screen share: Multiple participants can share their screens at the same time
- Record meetings: Save sessions for later sharing or review.
- Polling and attendee feedback: Take quick polls and allow attendees to virtually raise their hand or ask the presenter to slow down or speed up.
Learn to Use Zoom
How do I install Zoom?
Zoom can be downloaded from the following site. Zoom works on Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and Linux systems. https://tcu.zoom.us/download
Managing your Zoom Preferences
The admin panel will let you modify settings that are specific to the sessions that you host or participate in. You can access the admin panel by visiting tcu.zoom.us and using your TCU username and password to login.
Licensed (Pro) vs Basic Account
All current TCU employees and students receive a free Basic Zoom account simply by installing the client at tcu.zoom.us/download. A Basic account has virtually all of the same features of a Licensed account except that group meetings of three or more participants are limited to 40 minutes (one-on-one meetings do not have a time restriction). This restriction only applies to the person hosting the account. So if a Licensed account hosts a meeting all of the attendees can use free Basic accounts and are not subject to the time restriction.
- Licensed (Pro) users can host unlimited length group meetings.
- Basic users can host unlimited length one-on-one meetings and 40-minute group meetings (3 or more participants).
- Basic users can participate in any Zoom meeting without time restriction.