What if I need to change my name?


In accordance with university policy, a change of name for an employee (faculty, staff, temporary or student employee) requires that you go to Human Resources or the Registrars Office and provide a copy of your new social security card reflecting the desired name.

Students and Student Workers:

  • Students who need to change their name should visit the Registrar’s office with the appropriate documentation.
  • Student workers must also provide a copy of their new social security card reflecting the desired name to Human Resources as well.

Once the change of name has been completed, please contact the IT Support HelpDesk to request a change in your username and/or email address (if needed).  Keep in mind that most people just ask to update their email address since a change to your username will mean that you will be starting all over again in terms of access to computers, shares, and printers.