For the past several months we have been working hard to implement and test a new system that will allow you to collaborate and store files in the Cloud. We are excited to announce the launch of Box.com for current faculty, staff, and students.
There are hundreds of early adopters already using this new functionality and we want to make sure that you are taking advantage of this amazing service. Check out the details below and learn more about what this means for you.
What is Box and how can I use it?
Box is a Cloud based file storage and collaboration tool that is similar to Dropbox and Google Drive. Here are some of the features that come with this new service:
- Massive Storage Space – With Box you have access to 100GB of storage space by default and can always ask for an increase! Feel free to upload as many files as you want; just be aware the maximum single file size is 15GB.
- Online Sharing and Collaboration – Share documents with members of your team, or with external users and colleagues at other institutions.
- Mobile App – Connect to your files from your smart phone or tablet using their mobile app.
- Box Sync – Store select files locally and edit them offline and then let the tool sync them up to the Cloud when you reconnect to the Internet. This is a great feature for those of you that travel!
- Single Sign On (SSO) – We have integrated Box with our SSO system meaning that you can use your TCU username and password to log into the system.