On Monday, we began receiving reports from off-campus Mac, iOS and some Windows users indicating that they were seeing blank icons when logging in to myTCU which would log them out when they clicked on them.
Our EAS (Enterprise Application Support) team has been working hard to find a solution, but we have yet to identify a workable fix for the problem. We are not the only university that is struggling with this issue, after a recent patch was applied to our system, and we are spending time with the vendor to get a solution in place as soon as possible.
How do I fix the problem?
Here are a few things to try if you are seeing this issue with myTCU:
- Mac Users – Either bring your device to campus and connect to the TCU Network or try using Chrome on your device (this may require you to clear cookies and cache as well). This has fixed the problem for most Mac users, but not everyone.
- iOS Users – At this time the only option for iOS users is to come to campus and connect to a TCU Network or move to another device.
- Windows Users – While very few Windows users are seeing this problem, those that have reported the issue have generally seen relief by moving to Chrome and/or clearing cookies and cache on their browsers.
Links to Services Outside of myTCU
There are many ways to get access to some of the services that are located in myTCU by using a direct link. Here are a few:
- Box – http://box.tcu.edu
- Email – Students – http://stumail.tcu.edu
- Email – Employees – http://mail.tcu.edu
- IT Self-Service – http://it.tcu.edu/support/self-service/
- TCU Announce – https://tcuannounce.tcu.edu/
- TCU Online – D2L – http://d2l.tcu.edu
- Qualtrics – http://qualtrics.tcu.edu
- Zoom – http://zoom.tcu.edu
You can also access the Okta Portal (http://tcu.okta.com) to get a list of other applications that you might need access to until this is fixed. If you have any questions or problems, please reach out to the IT Support HelpDesk using the information below and we will route your questions to the appropriate contact. We are sorry for the recent disruption and hope to have a solution in place soon.