On Saturday, January 10th, there will be a planned power outage that will affect several buildings on the East side of campus. The primary IT data center will be affected by this outage which means that many of our technology services will NOT be available to the campus community. Please, review the information below to get more details about the specific services that are affected by this outage.
How will this affect me?
The power outage will start at 5 a.m. on Saturday, January 10th, and will end that afternoon at 3 p.m. A large portion of our technology services will be completely unavailable until power is restored. Since some systems take an extended period of time to bring online, we do not expect everything to be back in service until noon on Sunday, January 11th.
Here are some of the major services that will be down during the power outage:
- Email – Students will be down but employees will still be able to access email.
- File Shares – Homefile and Commonfile
- Lab Printing – Student printing in labs will be down.
- New Account Creation
- Network Access – Only in buildings without power.
- Password Self Service
- Phones – Only on the East side of campus.
- Sign Sign-On (SSO) – Orgsync and IT Self-Service
- VPN – This means no remote access from off campus.
The items listed above contain most of the major systems that are affected by this power outage. If you are interested in a detailed list of the service impact to the campus, please refer to this document.